Artist Detail - BBC Entertainment
I said to my sister,"What will I get her?"
My sister replied, "It's simple. She is a 7 year old stereo-typical girl. She loves BARBIE. Get her a BARBIE!"
Whoops! I got her a Webber... Apparently that is a Barby!
Brad Oakes’s humour could be described as everyday Australian, which means he works easily anywhere in the country (as he has done) and relies on Australians recognising their own culture being sent up (which they invariably do).
His ability to tune-in and be flexible to the mood of the audience, with his appealing humour ensure he is regarded as one of the most reliable and capable MCs and comedians.
Brad is well experienced on the Stand-Up circuit around the country. He has also toured New Zealand and the United Kingdom. He is a prolific writer and one of Melbourne’s most “in demand” MC’s, as well as a headliner. He runs regular “stand-up” Workshops for new comedians and can see the funny side of most things. Having had a number of careers and heaps of jobs prior to settling in the comedy world he has a robust and natural ability to deal with people from all walks of life.
Some past corporate clients include:
Association of Social Clubs, Austereo, Australasian Society of Engineers, Australian Wool Board, Bridgestone, Brighton Mazda, Collingwood Football Club, Crown Casino, Darebin City Council, Department of Mapping, Department of Health, Dulux Orica, Essendon Football Club, Hawthorn Football Club, Honda Australia, Mars Confectionery, McDonalds, Melbourne City Council, Moomba, Moonee Valley Racing Club, MS Society, Qantas, Quit Foundation, SES, SIDS Foundation, Slater and Gordon, TAC, Telstra, The Irish Club, “The Logies After Party”, The St Kilda Film Festival, Victoria Police, Woodwards. . . .
Other credits include:
• Cheap Seats” show, Gold FM Melb with Chris Bennett
• Lecturing on Comedy Writing, Victoria University
• Freelance Contributor – “The Age” and the “Herad Sun”
• Many T.V Stand-Up spots on “Hey Hey”, “GMA” and “Tonight Live”
• Labour Pains” a one-man show on ABC-TV series “Smallest Room in the House”
• TV writer for “Comedy Company”, “Jimeoin”, “Full Frontal”, “Hey Hey It’s Saturday”
• House Director and Scriptwriter for “Medieval Madness” – Theatre Restaurant
• Moosehead Award – “Small-top Tent Show – Melbourne Comedy Festival 1993 and 1995